Looking for a special way to serve your community and touch people’s lives?
Volunteering at the pantry is all about making a difference while feeding the hungry in our community. You are invited to just show up at the pantry to volunteer, or you can call ahead and let us know that you are coming.
Helping with distribution and packing
- Every first and third SATURDAY of each month we need volunteers to help set up and distribute the various food boxes to our clients. Volunteers arrive at 8am and finish around 12:30pm. Tents set up, produce and dairy products are sorted and bagged and boxes set out for distribution. (Clients are served curbside from 10am – 12 noon.)
- Every first and third FRIDAY of each month volunteers arrive at the pantry at 9:00am to pack boxes and bags for the following day.
Helping in other ways
- We receive several large donations of food every week and are always looking for people to help with pickup and unloading these donations. Do you have a CDL? Would you like to be part of our pickup team?
- Bilingual volunteers are ALWAYS needed. If you speak fluent conversational Spanish and would like to help with our registration team, we would love to have you help us bridge the language barrier.
Types of volunteers
You are invited to just show up at the pantry to volunteer, or you can call us and let us know that you are coming.
Court-ordered community service volunteers are required to bring their timesheets and paper work with them each time they volunteer.
If you are interested in arranging for your civic group, church group, or work place to volunteer one month a year, please contact us and let us know.
- For safety reasons we ask that all volunteers wear closed- toe shoes such as tennis shoes or work boots. Dress comfortably as you will be moving around – jeans and t-shirts are perfect. (Please, no t-shirts with political statements or bad language.)
- Volunteers need to be aged 14 and up with those under the age of 18 having parental/guardian permission.
- CDC recommendations regarding Covid precautions are followed and are subject to change.